If you are planning a Disney World vacation or want to learn more about Walt Disney, there is no shortage of quality books available to satisfy your curiosity.
Here are five best sellers that we recommend to increase your Disney knowledge!
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2018, by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa.
- Learn how to make every dollar of your vacation count. The team that writes this guide has years of Disney World experience, and provides their ratings on everything including hotels, dining, and attractions.
Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World’s Best Kept Secrets, by Steven M. Barrett
- Follow the “Hidden Mickey guy” in his guide to hidden Mickeys across Walt Disney World property. Can you find all 1,100 Hidden Mickeys in the new 2017 edition? Probably not, but it would be fun to try!
Walt Disney and the Promise of Progress City, by Sam Gennawey
- Trace the evolution of the EPCOT Walt Disney planned to the Epcot we have today. Did you know EPCOT was supposed to be a functioning city and not a theme park? This book has fascinating details of Walt’s vision.
The Disney Book, by Jim Fanning
- Explore Disney animation, movies, and theme parks through stunning visuals including concept art, sketches, merchandise, posters, and collectibles. Makes a great coffee table book!
102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World, by Lou Mongello
- How do people with regular incomes afford to vacation in Walt Disney World, some even multiple times per year? Lou Mongello details how to have a magical Disney World vacation without breaking the bank.
My favorite has to be either The Unofficial Guide or Walt and the Promise of Progress City. The first has so much information about WDW attractions, and the second has so much good history about our hero. Have you read these books? What other books would you recommend to Disney fans?